A little about me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and writing is my passion. Check out www.kennethwbarber.com for up to date info about me and to purchase copies of my work.

Inspiration

     I don't know about the rest of you out there, but there are times when I need to find my muse. I don't write unless I feel the creativity flowing through me. I've tried it and I'm always unhappy with my work when I force it. I seek inspiration from a variety of sources. Sometimes it's as simple as putting my laptop down and going to do something else. You'd be amazed how much of my work came to me while I was in the shower or mowing the lawn. Also, I sometimes take a break and read a book. Currently I am reading What The Night Knows by Dean Koontz. I will post a review of it when I'm finished. Sometimes I get through a difficult spot by just talking out loud about it with my wife. She lets me know if she sees any problems so I can work on them. And other times I just go to bed. sometimes all I need is a good nights sleep to rejuvenate myself and start the words flowing again. If you have anything special you do, I'd love to hear about it. Good writing!

2 Response to "Inspiration"

  1. La Crona says:
    January 29, 2011 at 9:25 AM

    Awesome Kenneth!

    You´ve got the point of blogging! It´s about creativity and inspiration.An idea comes suddenly to you and you make an art of it.Awesome!

  2. Kenneth W. Barber says:
    January 30, 2011 at 7:45 PM

    Thanks, Mattias. I am hoping to build a blog that people will find not only interesting, but useful as well.

Post a Comment